One of my favorite go to soups in the fall is this vegan, super easy to make, carrot ginger soup. It’s packed with nutrients, anti-oxidants, and protein keeping your body nourished and your blood sugar levels stable so that you feel full and satisfied for hours.
- 1 pound of organic carrots (approx 5-6 carrots)
- 1 1/2 cups orange or yellow lentils, soaked overnight
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2-3 inches of fresh ginger, minced
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon (I used a whole tbs – totally optional)
- 3 Tbs organic maple syrup
- 32 ounces vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- salt & pepper to taste
Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onions and carrots for approximately 7-8 minutes. Next, add ginger, garlic, and cinnamon & cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes (soup is done when the lentils are soft but still intact).
Remove bay leaves and blend in batches in your blender. Serve while the soup is till hot.
(Adapted from Vani Hari)