Berries are nature’s super food – they provide our body with antioxidants to help fight cancer, as a matter fact, there’s a recent study which shows that strawberries can help prevent & fight esophageal cancer. Berries are very low in sugar, can boost memory and may help prevent Alzheimer’s & Parkinson’s, help lower blood pressure and improve heart health…just to name a few. Combine them with some greens and you’ve got yourself a powerful free radical fighting & health boosting super food!
Substitute your breakfast or lunch with this easy Strawberry smoothie recipe below and feel the berry power – (remember, red is for heart health and red is for love). Happy Valentine’s!
- 1/2-1 cup fresh, organic strawberries
- handful of fresh, organic blueberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup home made almond milk (adjust amount depending on desired consistency)
- 1 Tbs raw honey
- 1 Tbs extra virgin organic coconut oil
- 1 scoop hemp seed
- 1 Tbs ground flax seed
- 1-2 handfuls fresh, organic baby spinach
Combine all ingredients in your high powered blender (such as a Vitamix), blend on high and enjoy!
Makes approximately 2 servings.